Double Trouble

Double Trouble
Having a fun ride in the laundry basket.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Watch out for that....

This morning, the boys and I got up and got ready pretty early this morning. I had some errands to run and knew that if I didn't light a fire under some little boys' butts, I wouldn't get to run my errands. So we head off to Walmart before 8am. That's right 8am! So I'm pushing around the big cart that has the 2 seats facing each other when Jack decides that he needs to stretch his legs. So the little bugger gets out and promises to hold my hand...yeah right! He takes off running. Now imagine a little boy running down the aisles in cowboy boots. Now these aren't any cowboy boots, these are Buzz and Woody boots. So as he's running Jack is watching his feet instead of where he's going. I yell, "Jack Dylan watch where you're going before..." Before I could finish my sentence Jack ran right into the pole. Not a little dinky pole, I'm talking the 1 foot concrete pole that anyone can see. Not only does my little man run into the pole, but he hits the fire extinguisher mounted on the side. The extinguisher catches the side of his head and lands on his shoulder before hitting the ground making a huge noise. I saw the whole thing happening and luckily it wasn't that bad. We could've been making a trip to the ER, but my kids have hard heads. The noise scared him more than the actual hit. There was an assistant manager who came by to see if he was ok. He was fine, so she picked up the extinguisher and put it where it belonged. As we're walking by I noticed that she just placed it in the holder and didn't fasten it in....REALLY???? Are people that stupid? So I fastened the latch so some poor soul wasn't walking by and accidentally hit it. At the check out counter, there were some long lines. There was a little boy 2 people a head of us and him and Jack started playing. The woman in front of us and I struck up a conversation. I was saying that my boys bounce back pretty quickly and gave the example of the fire extinguisher. She looked at me and said, "Oh so he's your little boy! I heard you warning him then before you could finish there was a big crash." I replied, "Yep, that's my boy!" Glad Jack left an impression on someone. There's an adventure with 2 little boys no matter where you go!

1 comment: