Double Trouble

Double Trouble
Having a fun ride in the laundry basket.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gatorade bottle has more than one use.

This morning Jack came into my room complaining that his knee hurt and he wanted some water. So I let him have a drink out of the water bottle next to my bed. He climbed in and was kind of restless, next thing I knew, he was sitting up puking in my bed...YUCK! So I moved him to the other side and before Zach could get upstairs with the puke bucket, he got sick again...IN OUR BED! Poor little man. So once we got down stairs, aired out our room, stripped and drenched my bed in Lysol, Zachary made a lemon-lime Gatorade run. At about 10am, Jack started feeling much better, he had gotten sick a couple more times, but once he got some animal crackers and Gatorade in his belly, he was good.

Fast forward to about 8pm, I'm clipping coupons at the kitchen table, both boys are playing and Zach was on the computer. All of a sudden I hear Zach yell, "What do you think you're doing?!?!?!" Jack walks over to me and hands me his Gatorade bottle. Zach says, "Ah, Robin, Jack just peed in that bottle." Um, excuse me?!?! I then asked Jack if he peed in the bottle and his response was, "Yeah, because that's what we do."

Now, let me take you back a few weeks ago. We had driven to Downtown Chicago to go to the Field Museum (our favorite!) and on the way home, Jack had to pee REALLY bad. I finally got up to an exit. Isn't it amazing that when you really need an exit, there's not another one for at least 5 miles?? Pulled into a gas station, ran as quick as possible inside for the key, only to be told that their bathroom is out of order!!! Seriously?!?! So I ran back to the van and Jack was jumping up and down at this point. So we had him pee in a cup and tossed it in their dumpster. My guess is, that's where Jack got it from, but the bathroom was about 15 steps, maybe 25 Jack steps away. Gotta love having a boy, they can pee anywhere AND do it standing up!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry... but thank you for this story! LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete