Double Trouble

Double Trouble
Having a fun ride in the laundry basket.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Holy Green Poop Batman!

Since several of my friends like hearing of the crazy adventures in my house, why not start a blog?!? So here it goes.

Today I was feeling really motivated, ready to get some cleaning done and have some fun doing it. First I was getting breakfast ready for the boys. Jack wanted fruit salad, so I started cutting up 2 melons that I had. I look over over Luke (who just turned 1 last weeks) was doing the Rocky dance on top of the dining room table! He figured out how to climb up the chairs and then climb onto the table. Yikes! So got him down and went back to making breakfast. I started to hear some commotion going on in the living room and look over just in time to see Jack push Luke off the chair. Luke just wasn't the same after that. Breakfast went well, nothing like some honey dew and cantaloupe and some Multi-Grain Cheerios for breakfast.

Once things were cleaned up Luke and I decided to start sorting out the toys. Luke has out grown some of his "baby" toys and we just need to make some room. All of a sudden I caught a whiff of something fowl. I look over and Jack has poop all over his butt, legs and on his foot! And it's just not the regular grade brown stuff, no, it's the green stuff. So I oh so carefully walk him to the bathroom and stop. My downstairs bathroom has green poo all over. It's covering the toilet, on my rug, you can see the footprints out the door. It's just gross. I remain calm, because Jack is awesome at going "ewww" in the potty. He was super easy to potty train. I look over and he has his hands on his hips and is shaking his head. He goes, "I'm just soooooo mad. I'm so mad that my ewwws didn't make it in the potty!" I had to just laugh. I looked over and told him that sometime accidents just happen and that it was ok, Mommy was going to clean it up. So after I cleaned the kid up and sent him out in the living room with a movie I got to work. Scrubbed my bathroom from top to bottom and washed the bathroom rug. Now that I think about it, it looked worse than it really was. I mean, I've dealt with much worse.

So since today's topic seems to be poop, I'll tell my favorite poop story. We were living in San Diego and Jack was about 10 or 11 months old. He was in the crib and really quiet, he usually was up no later than 730. It was almost 9am and I was getting a little worried. So I poked my head in his room, looked, then shut the door. I had to count to 10 then head back inside. Jack had taken his diaper off and decided to give himself a mudmask. It was perfectly applied, except it was poop! It went beautifully around his eyes and mouth. And it had dried on there. So I picked up my naked trouble maker and promptly took him to the tub. I put him in there, got the big clumps of stuff off, took the crazy boy out, bleached the tub THEN gave him a regular bath with soap and all. Suprisingly there wasn't poop anywhere else besides on him. I've heard horror stories of fingerpainting on the walls, etc. Luckily, I just have poop eaters.

Jack was so bad at taking off his diaper that we tried almost everything. Some recommended putting a onesie on, well he'd just reach up from the bottom of his onesie and undo the diaper and take it off. Some recommended putting it on backwards....sorry but my kid was just too smart for that. We even duct taped the diaper. That helped us out the most. It worked for a month or so, then he figured out how to take off the tape. So we just gave up and hoped he'd hurry up and outgrow it. Now that he's 3, he just likes to run around the house naked.

So what a way to start off the blog! Let me hear 3 cheers for poop! Some people are lucky and only have to deal with diapers, others like myself are elbow deep in it. I've gotten over my adversion to poop, vomit and other bodily functions since my little angels have arrived.

2 comments:

  1. I would have been in tears from laughing if I had heard him say he was so angry about his ewwws not making it into the potty! LMBO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I am so glad this stuff doesn't happen at my house=)

    ReplyDelete