Double Trouble

Double Trouble
Having a fun ride in the laundry basket.

Monday, April 19, 2010

What an adventurous Monday morning!!!

For the last month our lives have been crazy. We moved then a week later left on a 3 week vacation. The boys were amazing on our trip. Jack was very polite and Luke was his eyelash batting self. No surprise that as soon as we get home little monster emerge.

So our first Monday back and it's starts off with a few cuss words flying. Zach looked over and realized that he forgot to set his alarm for his normal worktime and not weekend duty time. So I scramble downstairs and get the coffee ready, start the car, get that defrosted and pack a breakfast all on the go in a record 10 minutes! Then Jack and I head upstairs to check on Luke several minutes later and then the real fun began.

Sometime during the night, Luke had taken off his diaper and fingerpainted his crib...YUCK! So I take the icky boy and throw him in the tub. Rinse him off then clean the tub and give them both a real bath. No major mishaps there, so I dry them off and put them in Jack's room so I can run downstairs and get Luke a diaper. I hadn't even made it to the bottom of the stairs til I hear Jack standing at the gate at the top of the stairs yelling, "Mmmmmoooooommmmmmmm, Luke just peed on my carpet!". For some reason Jack doesn't think your hear something til you acknowlege him, so he kept yelling this til I made it to the top of the stairs armed with papertowels and some Lysol and carpet cleaner. Oh and don't forget the diaper. So I clean up that mess and let them continue to play in there while I head over to the real mess.

I strip the crib and start a load of nast crib sheets, blankets and toys. Then start scrubbing the crib and then putting furniture polish to make it shine. As the washing machine gets going it starts squeaking (remind me to call Sears and get that fixed!) and then Lilo starts barking at that crazy mouse running on that squeaky wheel inside the washing machine. The boys start running around and Jack's yelling at the top of his lungs, "I'M RUNNING AROUND! I'M RUNNING AROUND!". Breath in, Breath out. So I was finally able to round up the gang and we headed downstairs to watch some Wiggles so Mama could take a deep breath and wake up. So maybe another year before Luke's potty trained??? I'm going to start and have a countdown because I have a feeling we might need to bust out the duct tape again.

For those of you who don't know, Jack was horrible about taking his diaper off. I tried every trick in the book. He even managed to take duct tape off! In the end we would have a piece that started and ended in the back of the diaper and Houdini managed to get it off. Eventually he grew out of it, but that was a very long period. I think I had scrubbed the finish off of his crib!!!

Oh the joys of little boys!

2 comments: