Double Trouble

Double Trouble
Having a fun ride in the laundry basket.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oh my little sweetie pies.

Tonight Jack asked me if I'd sleep in his bed. I think it was because Lilo sleeps with me and she was laying on his bed. So being a nice Mama, I pretended to fall asleep on the bed. My sweet little Jackie, bent over and kissed me on the cheek very gently then lightly patted it and said, "Goodnight sweet pea, I love you a whole heap of a bunch." I'm telling you what, if my heart could grow with anymore love for my boys, it would've then. The thing is, I don't think I could love them anymore. Between the cuddles and smiles, my days are full of happiness and joy. Ok, enough sappiness, let's move onto another little funny story.

Tonight after the boys went to bed, Zach and I sat down for a tv show and some oreos. It's a super special treat in our house, so I got out my glass and started to pour the milk into it. I thought it was pouring kind of chunky, so I looked into the cup and saw....Apple Jacks?!?!?! This morning when I went upstairs to get little boy clothes someone (my guess is either Jack or Luke unless the puppy mutated some fingers) put some Apple Jacks into the rest of the milk. Thankfully it was only about a glassful and when I bought the oreos tonight, I also picked up 2 gallons of milk.

Now that it's Christmas season, Jack is at the age, when he wants everything and Santa is THE MAN! At school they read the book, "Elf on a Shelf" and they named their elf, Jack Elf. Several years ago my mother sent me 3 really old elves and they were sitting on the mantle. Well, once Jack saw that it was Jack Elf, it's the most important thing in the world to him. Yesterday we were sitting around and Jack said, "What's that Jack? Oh, someone hurt your feelings? Well tell Daddy who it was and I'll fix everything." Then he patted the elf's back and shushed him saying, "Don't cry my little man it will be ok." For some reason, Jack has taken to this elf like little girls take to dolls. It's the funniest thing, but at the same time kind of scary because I can see a lot of what I say and do repeated. Thankfully, it hasn't been anything bad yet, but only time will tell! Everyday is an adventure with these boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment